Monday 10 October, 2011

Brag about it




Many a times I think whether bragging about what I have achieved is right or wrong. As per good human being code one must not brag about what they have achieved. They should be subtle about their achievements. Morally it is correct to stay low, and acomplaish the next target and forget about thepast achievements.
But than I say why?
When I have done something which is worth bragging, why shouldn’t I brag about it? If I have climbed the mount everest than why shouldn’t I tell the world about it over and over again? Afterall its something that I have done and the rest couldn’t. If I got good grandes, got good positions, I would talk about it over and over again till I want to. I will tell you that yes, I have won awards, afterall it’s the fruit that I reaped, the tastiest fruit that I tasted.
But somehow my inner self doesn’t let me do it. I am not saying that I don’t do it but everytime I do it, I feel like am commiting a sin, like am being selfish or as people say “egotistical”.
Once I had attened a week long seminar on public relations. The lady who was delivering the speech even said that at every point in life you must tell what great you did and what heights you achieved. Was she right? Should we do that? I mean in my religion it is said that you must not brag about what you got cause its all done due to gods grace, and I agree. God has been great to me but if he gave me such gifts, shouldn’t I tell the world about the wonders I recived from god?
Sometimes I have to brag about it cause people hurt me which makes me forget my guilt and all the goodness in me and makes me brag about my gifts. Is it wrong? I don’t think so. I heard somewhere, “if you got it, you must flaunt it”. Okay, point taken.

Now I guess I just have to balance my morals and my bragging gifts. Call me what you wish but I guess I cant stop myself from telling the world that “YES, I HAVE GOT IT”.

No comments:

Post a Comment